Infographics

Retrieved from: https://venngage.com/blog/what-is-an-infographic/

Infographics are visually appealing ways to represent data.  In this post, I am going to explore three different web based applications that can be used to create infographics.

First up is www.easel.ly/

Registering for Easelly is quick, easy and free.  Infographics can be created in 3 steps and templates are available for use.  Easelly offers upgraded plans that include different perks based on the plan. There is not a huge bank of free templates and there are constant reminders of "upgrading" that tend to get in the way.  I do love that this site focuses on just infographics which can be good if you are easily overwhelmed by too many options!

Second is http://piktochart.com/

Piktochart is also easy to set up, offers a free account and templates. What I love the most about this piktochart is that it lets users know exactly what is available with their free account and offers more that just infographics.  This is quite attractive because it's more like a one stop shop!

Finally, http://infogr.am

Again, easy registration...anything that links my google account is a win for me! Infogram also has templates (an icon to let you know it's an upgrade), pro plans, and like Piktochart, offers more than just infographics.  Unfortunately for this one, unless you upgrade to a pro account, your infographic will be available to the public.

After reviewing the different tools for creating an infographic, I decided to play around with **Easel.ly. After digging deeper into the idea of creating my own infographic, I decided less is more.  Even thought this site does not offer a large bank of templates, I felt that I could find something that they did offer that would help me present the information I wanted to share in a visually appealing way. Check out my infographic below!  Click HERE for a downloaded version.


**Upon further review, I would not choose this web application again.  It was too limited, and I had very few choices when I needed to upload charts or use the templates provided.  I tend to get lost in choosing templates and designing, so I hoped fewer options would help me stay focused.  It created many limitations because I was unwilling to pay the fee for the upgraded version.


Comments

  1. Hello Crystal,

    I too chose Easely to create the infographic and encountered the same issues. Upon first glance, it appeared that I would have more options, but as I worked to create an infographic that fit my needs, I began to realize that the only way I would be able to do so was with the upgraded plan. I believe Piktochart may have been my favorite site out of all three.

    Have a great day,

    Sara Beth Muzny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Crystal,

    I also chose Easel.ly to create my infographic. I decided to create my own infographic and not use a template provided. The templates provided are not very appealing. I enjoyed creating my infographic and am looking forward to using Easel.ly again.

    -Lorina Ramirez

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment